Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 161


Majestic Pacific Dreamcatcher 1
. Mixed Media. 2010.

This piece is a birthday present for my friend Heather. I asked her to give me a list of her three favorite animals and one of them happened to be a seastar, which inspired this seastar dreamcatcher. Following along with this oceanic theme I choose to decorate the painting with beads made from shells bound by 16 gauge copper wire. Hammered copper adorns the ends of the two center strands.

Some believe that a dreamcatcher changes the owner's dreams by allowing good dreams to be filtered through while bad dreams stay trapped in the net, where the vanished in the light of day. The good dreams then pass down the string of beads to the sleeper. Hopefully this gift will bless my friend with many good dreams in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment